Speaking About Issues
I will be usually asked ‘How must I respond to questions about issues and solutions, or concerns where we must say if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks?” The concerns I’m asked frequently concentrate on numbers: ”How many paragraphs should compose? May I reveal just one single benefit plus one drawback?”
Then you will know that if you have read my free book, The Key to IELTS Success:
1) centering on numbers just isn’t a good clear idea, and
2) there is absolutely no way that is special respond to any question ‘type’ – most of the IELTS writing task 2 concerns are marked based on the same requirements.
Which means that you have to constantly
- Address all areas of the duty
- React to the question with appropriate tips which are extended and well supported, and
- Present a position that is clear.
We understand this as the Task reaction requirements for bands 7 to 9 inform us this.
Through the requirements for Coherence and cohesion, we additionally realize that you need to organise your opinions into logical paragraphs so your argument progresses in a way that is logical.
So, when your concern presents a problem after which asks you to definitely talk about dilemmas and solutions, then you’ll definitely need certainly to 1) discuss any dilemmas you are able to determine and 2) recommend methods to these.