There are occasions, whenever we need certainly to go a vm disk to a different container on the exact same AHV Cluster.
For e.g. : we might would you like to go this VM Disk on a container with De-Dupliction Disabled. To relocate a digital machine’s disk to a new container on a single AHV group, after actions are needed:
Demands for the Move:
- Supply Container ID (where in fact the vmdisk is situated initially)
- Destination Container ID (our target container regarding the cluster that is same
- VM Disk(s) UUID (UUID of every disk we must go “acli vm.get ”)
- Power-off the VM
Overview of procedures:
- Determine the vmdisk_uuid of each and every disk that is virtual the VM.
- Verify the VM which is why the VMdisk we have been migrating is driven down.
- Utilize the Acropolis Image provider to clone the source latin mail order bride Virtual Disk(s) into Image(s) from the target container.
- Connect the disk through the Acropolis Image(s) which created in step three to your VM.
- Take away the VM disk that is hosted in the container that is original
- Optional: eliminate the cloned VMdisk from image solutions
Why don’t we make the exemplory case of a VM named “EXAMPLE_VM”
we have to login to a cvm and execute the command that is following have more information about “EXAMPLE_VM” :
Because of the above demand we are going to obtain the output that is following
From the aforementioned command you can view that the EXAMPLE_VM ‘ VM has 3 disks. The disks
on scsi.0 and scsi.2 are hosted on container with ID 8118 as the disk on scsi.1 is on
container ID 1795364.
Tip : You can drop in the acli demand shell whenever logged on to your cvm plus it provides tab conclusion.